Sunday 21 September 2014

The Sunday Review

Blogging has taken a bit of a back seat lately. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of visits from far-flung friends, weddings, city breaks and unfortunately pulling a muscle in my back (ouch!). Still, I'm looking back to settling down and enjoying the next few (hopefully quiet) months before Christmas. 

With the arrival of October, I can't wait to make my home all cosy with candles and the smell of home-cooked casserole from the slow-cooker. There is nothing better than the crunch of leaves under your feet, wrapping yourself up in gorgeous knitwear and indulging in long hot baths and hot chocolates on a Sunday evening. Autumn, bring it on!

I have been listening to...U2's Songs of Innocence.

I must be the only person in the world (bar my other half) that actually nearly jumped for joy on the news that U2 had released their album. Best of all, it was free! Although it surely isn't one of their best, it still sounds pretty fantastic, with plenty of infectious tunes. I'm going to be delving into their back catalogue now.



I have been watching...Doctor Who. 

Ok, I know this is one of the most popular television programmes on the planet but I'm still a bit in love with it. Last week's episode was fantastic and Peter Capaldi has definitely captured my attention. 



I have been reading...Daughter.

I've seen a fair few people reading this book on my commute to work.Although I'm still reading it, I can't help but wonder where its going. The premise is of a woman struggling with the aftermath of the disapperance of her teenage daughter - so far, so cliche. Unfortunately, it isn't really living up to expectation at the moment but I'll let you know. 



I have been lusting after...Cosy knitwear.

With chillier nights on the horizon, there is nothing better than a bit of virtual shopping for autumn fashion. Big cable-knit jumpers, chunky cardigans and leather boots are my favourite things.