Thursday 29 May 2014

Birthday Lust List

This week I'll be celebrating my 24th birthday. It only seems five minutes ago that I was celebrating my 18th, so it is a little scary to think that I'm not technically in the mid-twenties age bracket. Nevertheless, I won't be acting my age- I've taken the day off to challenge Liam at the bowling lane followed by watching the new X Men film on the big screen. Proof I'm still a big kid at heart.

Remember the days when you would receive enough birthday money from various family members to make you feel like a junior millionaire? I used to love the trips to the shops to spend my birthday money on new clothes (leopard skin leather jacket...one of the most memorable and regrettable fashion decisions of my youth..), big bags of pick n' mix and endless supplies of stationery. These days, I don't receive many ten pound notes through the post. Definitely doesn't stop me making a birthday list, though...

I love this Initial necklace in Rose Gold from Etsy. I've always been a bit of a fan of anything with my name on it and this is a great alternative to a name necklace. I love the flattering shade of rose gold that looks great with any skin tone and the long chain means it'll look great with anything from a ditsy tea-dress to a smart shirt and blazer combo.

For anyone that reads my blog regularly, they'll know that over the last eighteen months, I've become a bit of a running fan. Whilst I love my old faithful Adidas trainers, I'm definitely ready for a change. These lovely Nike Lunarglide running shoes are just the ticket- brilliant technology, great stability and they come in this gorgeous shade of pink. Definitely an incentive to clock up the miles each week. 
Right now, I feel like I'm the only person in the world that hasn't seen Frozen. Just about everyone I know has been raving about it and I cannot wait to see what all the fuss is about. Liam and I have our very own Disney shelf at home (in chronological order, no less!) and this would be a great addition to it. Sounds like the perfect feelgood movie for a Sunday afternoon!

I'm grateful to be starting a brand new job in two weeks time! I am pretty excited as it is exactly what I want to do and is a massive step in the right direction. Lately, I've been clearing out my wardrobe in the hope it will soon be filled with new work clothes. Whilst the dress code is fairly smart casual, I'm looking forward to working in a creative industry where I can express myself a little more with what I'm wearing. Knowing me, this will mean a lot of smart printed dresses, Chelsea boots and brogues. I'm also loving this Pink crepe Knotch Blazer to smarten up simple outfits for work. This bold shade of pink will add a pop of colour to any outfit and will also look great with a floral dress for my friend's upcoming wedding in September. 

This perfume is a bit of an old favourite of mine. I was first bought Vera Wang Princess Perfume when I began seeing Liam over four years ago. Since then, I've made my way through the Vera Wang princess range but nothing matches the original. The scent has notes of waterlily, apple, mandarin, apricot, dark chocolate and vanilla and smells wonderful. I'm lucky enough to get a bottle of this for most birthdays and I just love it.