Monday 26 May 2014

AVON: Gel Shine Nail Polish

I love a good nail polish, especially those with a gel finish. I prefer a gel-look as opposed to matte, without the huge price tag or damage to my nails. Previously, I was a little addicted to using Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine nail paints. Not only do they come in a fantastic array of summery shades but they have a great colour pay-off that lasts for ages. A friend of mine recently introduced me to Avon's nail polishes and I was instantly converted. For a budget brand, the formula is fantastic and there is such a wide range of colours to choose from.

When I saw that Avon had bought out these 7-in-1 Gel Finish polishes, I knew that they would be worth purchasing. The 7-in-1 formula is the selling point for these polishes, with Avon claiming they are made up of shine, a gel-like finish, vivid colour, base coat, top coat, protection and strengthener. A great combination for anyone that is too busy for a full manicure but likes their nails to look professionally done.

The three shades I chose (pictured below) are Lavender Sky (a summery shade of lilac), Marine Blue (a greenish navy) and Barely there (a nude/flesh colour). The paint goes on easily, looks opaque and bold in colour and the finish is super shiny. I applied two coats of the polish with drying time in-between and was left with a great looking manicure for seven days. I am most impressed with Barely There as I often find it difficult to find a nude polish that doesn't make my nails look poor and brittle. 

With this polish currently on offer on the AVON website at just £3.50 (usually £7), this is a brilliant buy. I can certainly see myself taking advantage of the current discount and buying myself a few new shades for my ever-growing polish collection.