Sunday 16 September 2012

The Sunday Review

Working a full-time job as well as attempting to fit in gym sessions, running and job applications has kept me very busy indeed. Liam is currently in New Orleans, organising a conference and sampling the culinary delights of the USA, so this weekend has been a bit of a quiet one. Today definitely warranted a morning lie-in, jam on toast, Sunday Brunch on the telly and the Sunday papers beside me. Sometimes its good to be lazy. 

I have been wearing...My new ASOS Albany Chelsea Boots. Ok, so if I could, I'd wear varying colours and patterns of Chelsea boots and nothing else. These are the most perfect pair I have ever found- they go with everything. I've mainly been pairing them with floral skater skirts, tights and jumpers ready for the winter, because our office usually resembles an ice-box! 


I have been listening to...Just be by Paloma Faith. Having always been a bit of a fan of Paloma, I was looking forward to her new album Fall to Grace. I love the idea behind the album that she has treated it like a 'film of her life', with each track depicting something she has experienced. You might recognise this song as featured on the ITV drama adverts. Listen to the lyrics, they are wonderful. 


I have been reading...The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas. Having only completed the first chapter of this book, there isn't much I can say about it yet. I've been meaning to read it for a very long time, so I really hope it fufils expectation. 

I've been watching...The Hunger Games. Last weekend, Liam and I sat down to watch this again. Having seen it in the cinema, it was slightly disappointing having to watch it on a small-screened portable DVD player, but it was still fantastic. If you haven't seen it, give it a chance, or even better- read the books!  Here is my review on the film.



I'm also really looking forward to the return of Downtown Abbey this evening. What can I say? I've been converted to period dramas.