Sunday 16 September 2012

Maybelline's smoky eye

I've said it before, I'm a beauty junkie. Ever since I was old enough to know what a mascara was, I have been spending all my pennies on the latest offer in Superdrug. A big fan of the classic smoky eye, I was intrigued when I heard that Maybelline were introducing a mascara that might just contribute to making you look like Brigitte Bardot circa 1964. As luck would have it, Maybelline were kind enough to have a current offer of 2 for £10 on all their cosmetics. Definitely one to take advantage of.



The Maybelline Volume Express Colossal Smoky Mascara (bit of a mouthful), is a pretty lovely mascara. Still, it is just a mascara. It has a large easy-to-use brush that manages to reach all lashes and leaves you with a distinct wide-awake look. The thing I like about it is the shade- it really is a matte black shade and for someone who likes their eye make-up dark and striking, this is very welcome. It does add length as well as volume, but  in all honesty, it is not too different from any of the Maybelline volume mascaras I have used. A lovely purchase, but don't expect miracles.