Sunday 3 August 2014

The Sunday Review

This week has been a bit of a quiet one but well needed! I'm settling into my job nicely and looking forward to three weeks time when my best friend Rachel comes to stay. She lives in Singapore and sometimes the distance feels like a crazy amount - I can't wait to see her and chat to her like old times, although I'm not sure we'll be entering Student Union nightclubs or drinking whole bottles of vodka. Then again, you never know!

Here's what I've been up to this week.

I have been listening to...Giant in my Heart by KieszaSince Hideaway came out, I've been a little bit obsessed with Kiesza. There is definitely no-one in the music business like her at the minute, and there is something so unashamedly cool about her. This track is her latest offering and although it hasn't yet been released, I'm already in love with its infectious sound. Check out the video for dancing drag queens and crop tops a plenty!


I have been watching...Utopia. Wow, this television drama is fantastic. After becoming interested in the first series, I wasn't expecting anything too spectacular but the second series has surpassed itself. Perhaps not one to watch with the kids or the grandparents for its shocking violence, it is crammed full with black humour and wit and I cannot stop watching it. I love the comic book feel, the brilliant cinematography and the terrifying notion of a dystopian future. Where is Jessica Hide?



I have been reading...What Alice Forgot. After reading The Husband's Secret, I had to read this one as well. A real page-turner, this is well worth a read. Reviews will be up soon!



I have been buying... Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Tan BB Perfector. What a mouthful! These beauty products are getting ridiculous with their extravagantly long names. Anyway, in the light of the summer season and the amazing weather we are having, I decided I'd top up my tan with this little beauty. I'm hoping it'll give me a nicely bronzed glow on my face without having to resort to faux tan that makes me look like streaky bacon. I'm yet to try it but I'm sure reviews will be up as soon as I have.


I have been lusting after...More floral dresses.  So, New Look have just bought out more summer offerings and I want to head in store to purchase everything they've got. Floral wrap dresses, gladiator sandals and stylish-but-comfy printed joggers are all going on the list. Someone lend me their credit card?

Happy Sunday everyone!