Sunday 8 June 2014

Nars Blush in Orgasm

I am quite fastidious when it comes to skincare and tend to spend a little bit more money on serums and moisturisers. As someone who has a grandmother and mother with great skin, I am a big believer that staying out of the sun, taking off your make-up, drinking lots of make-up and using good cleansers and night creams are what keep your skin looking good into old age.

I have, however, never been someone for premium cosmetics brands. Buying expensive make-up has always seemed a bit of a waste when some of the high street 'drug store' brands are so fantastic. I've always been a fan of cheap and cheerful Revlon and Bourjois with some Rimmel thrown in on thriftier months. Tried and tested brands without the expense. So when I purchased my first Nars product- the iconic blush in Orgasm, I shocked myself that I was prepared to spend over twenty pounds on what was essentially, a very small product.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Whilst the product is small, it seems that a little goes a long way. A quick sweep over the apples of the cheeks using a blusher brush is all it takes to achieve a good coverage. The blush itself comes in a shocking shade of pink, although it is a subtle coral/peach tone on the skin and has some lovely flecks of gold mixed in with it for a nice radiant glow.

The great thing about this product is that it lasts all day. Blushers normally fade on the skin after a while, but this little beauty stays until the evening. A great everyday product in a great 'suits everyone' shade.