Sunday 12 May 2013

Sunday Steal: Nivea Lip Butters

Always one for a beauty bargain, each week I will be sharing a great beauty buy that you can purchase for under a tenner. This week features old favourite Nivea and their new branch of luscious lip butters.

These have been a favourite of mine for a while. In fact, as soon as I'd heard that these were to be launched, I hot-footed it straight to my local Boots store to see if they would live up to my expectations. Thankfully, they did. These butters are thick, luxurious, smell delicious and are a great dupe for Palmer's Lip Butter for a fraction of the price. Even better, these lip butters come in small hand-bag friendly tins and last for ages! Even for a lip butter addict like myself, I have barely used a whole tin in the last few months.


The butters themselves come in four different flavours. Original is a lot what you would expect from a Nivea product- with a familiar scent and the iconic blue tin, it nourishes the lips without too much fuss or flavour. I have been keeping this in my bedside table to keep my lips soft as I sleep.

Raspberry Rose is a favourite of mine. It smells like raspberry frozen yoghurt, although the taste is subtle- not nearly as sickly sweet as expected.  It's thick buttery consistency feels luxurious and leaves my lips with a lovely rosy sheen- a definite bonus!

Caramel Cream is my least favourite of the four and one I haven't purchased. This is mainly due to the scent of the product. Whilst Raspberry Rose feels fresh and summery, I'm not overly keen on the sickly sweet toffee smell of this one. Perhaps one for sweet fans, but not for me.

Vanilla and Macadamia Nut is the newest of the bunch and smells as good as you'd imagine. The creaminess of the vanilla (a very true vanilla and not artificial whatsoever) combined with the nuttiness of the macadamia creates a lovely fragrance. I'm sure this one will be in my bag for a long time to come.

Have you tried any of the Nivea Lip Butters? What is your favourite flavour?