Thursday 5 April 2012

Lust List

For once, this week has been a relatively relaxed one. After coming down with the lurgy, I've given gym sessions a miss and even cancelled my driving lesson. I've really enjoyed this week at work, however- finishing on a high on Thursday as we were all visited by the Easter bunnies who left us all some delicious gold Lindt bunnies to feast on! Sometimes I truly love my job. I was also surprised to see that I managed to reach a total of 300 views in twenty four hours on my blog this week- all because of this post about Samantha Brick.  Here is this week's Lust List...

I'm sporting a serious love for cocktail rings at the moment and my current ambition is to make sure that at least half of my fingers are covered in jewels! Sitting Pretty is a wonderful shop full of pretty handmade jewellery by Claire, and has some gorgeous cocktail rings for bargain prices. This week, I purchased three for £10 and even managed to bag another free in a special offer! I'm very much looking forward to their arrival. Make sure you visit Claire's shop to have a look at her gorgeous little treasures.



This week, I've been loving Lily Melrose's blog. A fashion and beauty blogger, her reviews are honest and her pictures are flawless. Oh, and don't even get me started about her perfect ombre hair. Keep writing, Lily and I'll keep reading!

I'm really looking forward to catching up with Mad Men this Easter weekend. Three episodes have already aired on Sky Atlantic and we have them all logged on to the Sky+, ready to watch! I can't wait to see whether Don and Megan's marriage goes to plan and more importantly, how Joan deals with her new baby. So happy to have my favourite advertising firm back in my life! 



After hearing her gorgeous song Blue Jeans countless times on the radio, I finally weakened and purchased Lana Del Rey's album this week. Although I admit I haven't listened to it in it's entirety, I have managed to hit  repeat incessantly on Blue Jeans and her already established hits Born to Die and Video Games.  There is something distinctly refreshing about her sound, with a hint of classic americana and that sultry voice that makes me want to drink milkshakes in diners at the side of the road. We have recently purchased tickets to the Isle of Wight festival in June and I can't wait to see her perform.


Talking of the Isle of Wight, Cosmopolitan magazine drew my attention towards this great Topshop tee, designed especially for the festival. Depicting the 2007 line-up with a gorgeous vintage design, I'm sure it would be perfect paired with some shorts and sturdy chelsea boots for the festival of the year! At least I'd look the part, right?


That's it for this week's Lust List. Do let me know what would be on yours! Wishing you all a wonderful Easter weekend- eat many bucket fulls of chocolate and have a well-deserved rest. I'll be spending mine reading magazines, watching Mad Men and maybe even having a spot of retail therapy if I' m lucky!