Sunday 25 May 2014

The Sunday Review

Another bank holiday for us all! I'm a little excited this week as it is my birthday on Friday and I'm planning a huge Primark haul as well as bowling, watching the new X Men film and eating my own body-weight in pizza.

I have been listening to... Kiesza. I'm a little obsessed with Hideaway and now cannot wait until I can hear more of her album. If you haven't seen the video, check it out- it features Kiesza and her dancer friends in New York and is filmed entirely in one take. 



I have been reading...A Long Way Down. I've just finished the classic by Nick Hornby (you can read my review here) and I'm finally getting around to reading The Fault in Our Stars. I've heard so many good things about this book and after delving into the first chapter, I'm already hooked. 



I have been watching...The Great Gatsby. I feel like I've been waiting for years to finally watch the Baz Lurhmann version and last weekend, I finally settled down to watch it. It was much better than I anticipated. I really like the book and the film was very true to this, depicting the hedonistic jazz age in all it's glory. Leonardo Di Caprio was brilliant as the mysterious Gatsby whilst Tobey Macguire stole the show for me as Nick Carraway. Definitely a must-see.



I have been eating...Sweet potato. I'm a little bit sweet potato obsessed at the moment. Such a healthy and nutritious thing to add to your meals, I love having them baked in the oven or cut into potato chips and sprinkled with oil. Yum.