Monday 2 July 2012

Sunday Review


Ok, so I cheated. It is in fact, a Monday.  I’m more than aware that there has been a bit of a hiatus from blogging recently. There seems to be loads going on at the moment, what with job interviews, the Isle of Wight festival, birthdays, various outings and looking after unwell family members. Still, here is what I’ve been filling those small moments with lately...
I have been wearing...Leopard print from Dorothy Perkins. I’ve recently become a bit enamoured with leopard print and this jersey top has been worn many times now over my favourite skinny jeans and my ASOS red suede Aggie boots.
I’ve been listening to...Bruce Springsteen’s new album Wrecking Ball. The seventeenth studio album from The Boss, it is a comment on America’s economic situation. Brilliantly emotive and wonderfully clever, my favourite tracks are Death to my Hometown, Jack of all trades and Wrecking Ball.


I’ve been reading...Before I go to Sleep by SJ Watson. I recently finished this book in a weekend as I could not put it down. A psychological thriller, it depicts the life of Christine, an amnesiac who forgets her life when she goes to sleep. Even though it was ever so slightly predictable, it was executed wonderfully and still had be gripped. The rights to the film have been sold, with Nicole Kidman lined up to play Christine.

I’ve been watching..Sex and the City. I was recently bought the box set for my birthday and am currently enjoying the third season. Light-hearted and really clever and great fantasy lives. If only we could all write columns and drink Cosmopolitans all night, right?